Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Flora








All the beautiful flowers I had in my yard are all gone! Kaput! Dried up and blown away. All those colorful photos I posted -- here's what's left.


Oh, there are some green leaves left, but a lot of them are brown. A lot of the green you see in the background is the grass or weeds that have grown up around the roses. Weeds grow very well in Arizona.
These photos are my hydrangea and my geranium. (If the photos end up where I think I am inserting them. Okay, so that didn't work. How in the heck do you get the photos placed where you want them or at least get the text near the photos you are commenting on????) I need blogging lessons. All the pictures I try to add go up by the other pictures. What am I doing wrong?
So the two photos of the pots with dried up, brown sticks are my hydrangea and my geranium (and for some reason the hydrangea is turned sideways). I am not sure what happened to my hydrangea. I was able to keep it alive all through last summer but I guess some kind of bug got to it. It just died. I have never been able to keep a geranium alive through a summer. I even buy the "Zonal" geraniums which are supposed to make it through the hot Arizona summers. NOT! At least for me. Goodbye green thumb, hello brown thumb.
Report Card:
Blogging grade . . . F

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh Mom. You are adorable. You post exactly how you would talk, I love it! You're doing fine with your blog. Believe me, it took a good year and half for me to kind of get an idea about how to blog well.

Poor plants. I don't think that's it's your brown thumb. I'd say a solid month of 112 degree weather would make any living creature want to die!

Leslie said...

Come over and I'll walk you through it.

P.S. At least you try!