Friday, October 10, 2008

Long, semi-boring day.

I walked this morning (55 minutes), took a shower, visited with Jen, Pam and little Jilly(who dropped in to use our "facilities" and say "hi") for about and hour and then put on makeup and started working. When I was right in the middle of sending an email, my online connection died. It was out all day yesterday. Our phone was out too. So we called Cox and complained. They told David that they were upgrading our system and they didn't know how long it would be out. When he got off the phone (cell) the internet was on again and our phone too! I think David is feeling very smug about how effective his call was.

After getting myself ready for the day, I went to work. It's amazing how much time I spend working and how little seems to get done. But I guess I'm still in the learning stage. It took me hours to read all my ASI emails. I probably get about 30 a day ( and yesterday I couldn't get online). I figure I ought to read most of them so I know what products are on special and more about the products that are available. The suppliers are always giving you good information that will help you sell their products.

So, the highlights of my day were seeing Jilly (and Jen and Pam, but mostly Jilly) and talking to Anna on the phone (what is "sprechen-x-x?) and Jennie calling and telling me how much she misses me. Tonight David and I are going to rent a movie and take it over to Cecily's house to watch while we babysit. Her regular babysitter is out of town. (I don't babysit my grandkids on a regular basis. I just don't have the stamina to do that anymore.)

I don't have all my work done for today, so I will have to carry it over to tomorrow. I still have to pay bills and do my accounting or books or whatever you want to call it. And I have to look up the stuff Gina wants to order, what Scotts want to order, call Meletta and talk to her son-in-law about calendars and take catalogs and samples over to Mary Krick. Aaahhg! I'm so behind!

Well, I love you all (so far, I think that only Anna is even aware I have a blog and I'm sure that only people who love me and people I love will bother to read this anyway). Keep the faith, read the scriptures and live the gospel. (And I really love you Jen. Without you I wouldn't have that adorable little granddaughter.)

3 comments:

Anna said...

Start adding people to your blog. (if you want to...) it's so convenient.
I'll usually go to my blog first, in order to check out other people's blogs.

You're a good blogger mom. i like reading about your day even though i might've heard it all before.

love you

GeoWulf said...

I like reading about your thoughts and feelings each day...

Keep sharing, I love you!

Jen said...

I love you too!! I am soo blessed to have 2 moms so close and available to share my life with. Thank you for all of your insight and wisdom. You are wonderful!!