Saturday, November 15, 2008

Why is everything a bigger deal than I expect?

Very few people have ever accused me of being overly optimistic. I always tell people that I try to be realistic. (Which sounds a whole lot like pessimistic to a many people. Can I help it if life is really hard and bad things keep happening to the point where I expect the worst?) But anyway, I thought that it would be a quick little project to add the red-brown trim to the house. And there were cracks in the wood that I wanted to fill in, so I filled in the cracks first and waited 24 hours. Then I got the paint out. I had given the painter the paint swatches that I wanted the house painted. I had already bought the colors that I wanted it done, but only one can of each color. So I figured that the cans that I had could be used to touch up the paint after the painter we had hired had painted.

Well, they didn't match. I painted the few places that needed touching up and they stuck out like sore thumbs! (Another colloquialism for you Anna.) The paint was a different color! So instead of just touching up the paint, I ended up having to paint nearly the whole front of our house. The worst part was painting the peak of the house above the garage. Standing that far up on the ladder was really scary. Anyway, four days later, I finally have the front of the house done. I would go take pictures of it and post them but I am way too tired to get up and take the photos. But so far, it does look better. I smashed my toe with the heavy ladder while I was working and it is throbbing now. I'm covered with paint from head to toe (well, "splattered" with paint) and too tired to think. I suppose I am talking in circles by now so I'd better quit.

1 comment:

Anna said...

You did it!

Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your evening with a nice shower and eating food. Eating food is a good thing. I like to do it a lot.

What was the other colloquialism (sp?) Something about talking like a dutch man?

Keep 'em coming!