Saturday, February 28, 2009

I love growing things









I love to plant flowers in my yard. I didn't for many years when my kids were small because I didn't think we could afford bedding plants. But then I started to think about my mom and how she always planted pansies, mums, violets, bleeding hearts, honeysuckle, bachelor buttons, gladiolas, etc., etc. I decided that I wanted my kids to remember me for flowers too. But it took me a long time to figure out what would grow in Arizona and when. The ones my mom planted in Utah that will grow here - grow in an entirely different season.
Here are some from my front yard. Oh yeah! And roses. We both love roses.
The Gerber Daisies are for Anna. They are some of her favorites. I haven't figured out how to arrange the pictures on my blog the way I want them to appear and put the notes about my photos next to them. Oh, I'm SO computer illiterate!


I like my
petunias and snapdragons too. They are much prettier this year than they were last year. I guess I'd better quit with the photos. It is going to take forever to load.

I'll show you more flowers later.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Well, you've succeeded. I do associate you with a pretty flower garden. I hope the same thing for my kids. Flowers are such a joy to have in one's life!

Leslie said...

We love your flowers! You'd never know you weren't a native with how nice they always look.